Akanksha Bhutani wurde 2019 an der KIT-Fakultät für Elektrotechnik und Informationstechnik des Karlsruher Instituts für Technologie promoviert. Im Wissenschaftsverlag des KIT ist soeben ihre Publikation Low Temperature Co-fired Ceramics for System-in-Package Applications at 122 GHz (Karlsruher Forschungsberichte aus dem Institut für Hochfrequenztechnik und Elektronik ; 93) erschienen. Im KSP Portrait erfahren Sie Näheres über Autorin und Werk. Weitere biographische Informationen und Kontaktdaten finden Sie am Ende dieses Beitrags.
1. Your publication (see above) has just been published: How would you summarize the content in three or four sentences?:
This work shows two 122 GHz fully-integrated System-in-Packages in Low Temperature Co-fired Ceramic technology. The systems are robust and efficient in terms of their electrical, thermal and mechanical characteristics. Additionally, they are low cost and use standard manufacturing and assembly techniques. The systems are surface-mounted devices, which can be easily used in a number of industrial and consumer applications.
2. What was your motivation (to write this book), how did you come to this topic?
Due to the tremendous progress in semiconductor technology made in the recent years, semiconductor chips operating at frequencies above 100 GHz are now available. These chips can be used in a wide variety of millimeter-wave systems for mass market applications, provided the chips are integrated in millimeter-wave packages. Designing such a millimeter-wave package has several challenges and thus formed the motivation behind this work.
3. How long did it take from the idea to the finished manuscript?
4. Topic “Manuscript”: Do you write on a PC, notebook, tablet or with the pen?
5. Are there specific tools, services or techniques that you find particularly helpful when writing?
6. What gives you the greatest pleasure in writing and what annoys you the most?
Describing a new idea gives me pleasure. Formatting text and proof-reading are annoying for me.
7. How do you relax during the writing process? What do you do to switch off, to relax?
I like being in nature, when I wish to relax, e.g., running in the forest.
8. If you could wish for it: Which bestseller in the history of science or literature would you have liked to write yourself?
“Fountainhead” by Ayn Rand
9. If you could recommend three other recent publications in your field, which three would they be?
1. “Methoden und Techniken zur Integration von 122 GHz Antennen in miniaturisierte Radarsensoren” – Stefan Beer
2. “Millimeterwellen On-Chip Antennensysteme für die Integration in SoC Applikationen” – Benjamin Göttel
3. “FMCW-Radarsignalverarbeitung zur Entfernungsmessung mit hoher Genauigkeit” – Steffen Scherr
10. You have published your book at “KIT Scientific Publishing”, the scientific publishing house of KIT. Why did you choose this publisher?
Because of the high-quality of publishing.